More workshops will be announced soon
Baby massage is a series of rhythmic, gentle, relaxing, soothing strokes over your baby including their hands and feet. Part of the routine will be to manipulate your child’s ankles, wrists and fingers. By using the gentle strokes that I will teach you, you baby will produce Oxytocin, the feel good hormone. Not only will your baby feel it, you will too. This is the same hormone produced during breast feeding and can really help your baby feel loved, safe and secure.
What is baby massage?
This is a relaxed and informal class and we will be led by the babies. If you need to feed or stop during the class, you are able to without worrying about disturbing anyone. All of the class participants are in the same boat and will totally understand.
What are the benefits of baby massage?
- Touch is the first thing that your baby will learn from you as a language of love
- Massage encourages neural development
- Makes them feel loves, respected and safe
- Regulates and strengthens their digestive, immune and respiratory system
- Helps with muscle tone, growth and circulation
- Develops their mind to body connection
- Helps develop balance, motor skills and coordination
- Helps your baby get a restful night sleep and aids your bedtime routine
- It helps your baby release their tension in a positive way which can also be the case as your child gets older. Massage is something that can carry on throughout childhood
- It is a beautiful way to have fun with your child who is so young and open to new experiences
What are the benefits to you?
- Baby massage can help with post natal depression and help you bond with your baby
- It can help build your confidence when handling your child
- Helps you to understand the non verbal communication
- Aids breastfeeding as encourages lactation
- It is as relaxing and de-stressing for you as it is your baby
- You get to meet other new, local mums in the same position as you
- You are able to learn a life skill
- It is a beautiful way to express your love and care to your baby
What will I need?
- You will need to bring a towel with you to lay over the mat
- Baby soother if you use one
- Some clothes that you can dress your baby in after the session, that you do not mind getting oil on
- It is better for your baby to have already had a nap as they will be alert and ready to interact with you. However, if they are due a nap, this is a lovely way to sooth them ready to get to sleep easily
What is included?
- A 1 hour weekly session for 6 weeks
- A padded exercise mat
- A FREE bottle of grapeseed oil
- Handouts demonstrating the movements for you to use at home
- 15% discount on your first Mother & Baby Pilate class in Beckenham for you to have a class aimed at YOU. This is valid for the first payment whether it be for a drop in or class pass rate (saving up to £4.80)
- 15% discount on a Holistic Massage in the comfort of your own home for 30, 45 or 60 minutes (saving up to £7.50)
|1.5 hour workshop for groups of 5 at your own home||£80|
|1.5 hour 2 parent home workshop||£60|
Classes are kept to a maximum of 10 people in order for me to give a more personal service and help those of you that need it on a 1 – 1 basis. Bookings can be made securely online using credit or debit cards or alternatively, you are welcome to make payment by bank transfer